The preferred way to move our Components is by using our IT2BE Components Manager.
The IT2BE Components Manager can create an Archive in the Servoy 'application_server' folder and it will do so cross platform.
You can take the Archive to your production server or other developer machine and unpack it in the correct location.
You can use the below instructions when you want, for whatever reason, do this manually but it is not preferred and not supported!
Before you start doing this you need to know the following:
1. Am I going to copy the Components to another Servoy Developer installation?
2. Am I going to copy the Components to a Servoy Server installation?
3. Do I need current preferences as set in the current Servoy Developer installation?
In this article we assume you copy from your own Servoy Developer installation and we will guide you step by step.
It is important to always keep the file and folder structure the same.
Copy Components to another Developer and/or Server installation:
1. Copy all 'it2be-*' files and folders from ~/application_server/beans/ to the new location.
2. Copy all 'it2be-*' files and folders from ~/application_server/plugins/ to the new location.
3. Copy the 'developer.licenses.xml' file from ~/servoy_workspace/com.it2be.components/ to the new workspace. It is not allowed to deploy the 'developer.licenses.xml' file to a client location.
When you need the preferences in the other workspace:
4. Copy all 'com.it2be.component.*.properties' files from ~/servoy_workspace/com.it2be.components/ to the new workspace.
Additionally and only necessary when you need a copy of documents and sample solutions for another Developer installation:
5. When you have the Word Plug-in installed copy the folder ~/application_server/docs/it2be-word/ to the new location.
6. Copy the folder ~/application_server/solutions/it2be-examples/ to the new location.